Building a house has many challenges, but with proper planning with the right team, it can be fun building and seeing your house coming up stress free. We are going to look at a ready-made house plan with cost estimates for building it.
ESTIMATION OF COSTING FOR THE TWO BEDROOM HOUSE PLAN ABOVE
|ITEM||DESCRIPTION||AMOUNT IN KSHS.|
|1||SUB-STRUCTURE. From site clearance up to and including ground floor slab||450,000.00|
|STAGE TWO Building of the Super-structure walling.||150,000.00|
|1||Building of ring beam,including concreting||120,000.00|
|1||ROOFING.Includes,wall plate,trusses,fascia board and roof cover||450,000.00|
|1||WINDOWS/EXTERNAL DOORS. All made of steel, including glazing.||100,000.00|
|2||INTERNAL DOOR FRAMES. Sizes 6×2 and 4×2.Include fixing to the wall||20,000.00|
|3||ELECTRICAL, PLUMBING AND DRAINAGE PIPING. These are waste pipes,|
|Plumbing pipes, electrical piping and switch boxes.||30,000.00|
|1||PLASTER. This covers, internal wall, floor screed, external plaster above|
|ring beam and gable wall, plinth and pointed horizontal key.||130,000.00|
|1||CEILING BRANDERING.Including eaves||60,000.00|
|2||INTERNAL DOORS. All semi-solid flush door, with brass hinges and union locks||65,000.00|
|3||WINDOW BOARDS. Mahogany 6 inch by 1 inch||10,000.00|
|1||TILING.Saj Ceramic floor entire house and wall tiling in washroom and kitchen||180,000.00|
|2||KITCHEN CABINETS AND WARDROBES carpentry fit outs.||150,000.00|
|1||PLUMBING AND ELECTRICAL FITTINGS, sanitary wares,electrical lights|
|1||CEILING BOARD. 9mm Chipboard from timsales and gypsum cornice.||57,000.00|
|2||PAINTING. One emulsion undercoat and 2 final silk coat to internal room|
|Gloss paint to windows, clear vanish to window board, internal doors|
|architraves,quadrants.External one emulsion coat and two mart coats||80,000.00|
|TOTAL COST OF CONSTRUCTION TO COMPLETION||2,227,000.00|
The estimation and costing of the house Plan has been based on the specifications below.
- The house is built on a murrum soil, with a strip foundation depth of 1200mm, 600mm wide; thickness of concrete footing is 150mm. Strip foundation concrete of ratio 1:2:4, with 8mm high yield steel (y 8).
- 9 inch uncut stones for foundation walling, with a mortar ratio of 1:3.
- Hardcore filling 300mm thick, murrum blinding and treated with gladiator pesticides.
- Drainage and electrical pipes are placed in concrete.
- The ground floor slab is 100mm thick, reinforced with A 65 BRC mesh, on 1000g polythene sheet dump prove membrane.
- 9 inch by 6 inch machine cut stones for super-structure walling.
- 300mm by 150mm ring beam, with 10mm and 8mm high steel bars, 1:2:4 concrete ratio mix.
- Roof cover galvanized colored iron sheet of 30g,with cypress timber truss members of size 100mm by 50mm (4inch by2inch).Wall plate of same size also, timber purling of size 75mmby50mm (3inch by 2inch).
- External windows and door will be steel cased. French window design, with 4mm clear glass, except washroom 3mm thick translucent glass.
- Use of cypress timber in all carpentry work, except wardrobes and kitchen cabinets.
- Use ppr pipes for plumbing and heavy gauge PVC pipes for drainage system.
- Use heavy gauge PVC conduits for electrical piping, electrical cables from authorized dealers like East African cables.
- Internal plaster on all walls, cement/lime sand mix, and 25mm floor screed cement/sand mix. External finish, pointed key below ring beam, and plaster render above ring beam, walling below and above bay windows and entrance walling and Plinth plaster